Friday, June 20, 2008


Hey fellow dudes,
Sorry I've not been able to update my blog last 2 days as I was busy in creating other blogs. Okay today I will you a review of the latest ubuntu. Well I installed it and tried all the latest features.
Well let me start with the kernel.It has the latest kernal version well I forgot the number. It has got the latest Gnome Desktop environment. Well Ubuntu is a free Os and is a Live Os that means you can try it before you install it. It is very easy to use and I think ubuntu is the best Operating System that new linux users should try. On the top of the desktop there is the ubuntu key similar to the windows start button. Here you have a list of programs that are available on your computer. Different softwares are divided into different categories. Then there is the add/remove programs option which can be used to install new programs. Well this option makes use of the Synaptic Package Manager that Gnome desktop environment uses. Well Ubuntu has a list of all packages that is available in the Linux World. You will come preinstalled with openoffice.org which is similar to the Ms-office. some of the other softwares that need to installed are
1.amarok Player: well tis is a must install software if you wish to listen to music
2.Codecs: Well you need to install all the neccessary codecs to play different types of files
Well the review of the latest ubuntu version will be continued tomorrow.

No comments:

Funny quotes